Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Capturing an Ultrasound

Like the majority of my custom artwork, I found this client in the Alchemy section of Etsy. For those who have never heard of, or used Etsy, it is a wonderful site full of unique artisans who hand make a variety of products and artwork. It is free to use and I highly recommend it. Just be sure to read all of the rules before committing to a purchase or starting up your own shop.

Now, the Alchemy section is one of my favorite sections, it is full of different user’s posting requests for hand made items. So, I don’t have to wait for a client to find me, I can go strait to them! Alchemy is done with “bids”, although the lowest doesn’t always win, quality is very important after all.

Anyways, I created this artwork based on an ultrasound of a 30 week old baby girl. It is the first time I have ever done artwork with nothing but a fuzzy ultrasound for reference; it was truly a unique experience. A lot of it was interpretive, but I think they came out beautifully!


 "Wow! You did an amazing job. It's so crazy how well you did because I can see her resemblance to my sister. She has the family nose. LOL! Thank you so much. I am so glad I chose you to do this for me, I am very happy and I know my sister will be too.”

1 comment:

Christine Burgess said...

Truly stunning work! This will always be cherished.